Monday, December 12, 2011

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

If you follow my blog, you know that I have a recipe for Lemon Ricotta muffins that are oh so good. They are the type of muffins that I have a hard time eating just one. Well, I found a recipe that turned those ingredients into cookies.

2 cups AP Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 stick Unsalted Butter, softened
1 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1/2 8oz container, Ricotta Cheese*
2 Tbls Lemon Juice
Zest of ONE Lemon

Glaze:**
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tbls Lemon Juice
2 Tbls Cranberry Juice
Sprinkles

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine butter & sugar & beat until light & fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating until incorporated.
4. Add ricotta, lemon juice & lemon zest. Beat to combine & stir in the dry ingredients.
5. Drop level tablespoons of dough, about 2 inches apart, onto parchment lined baking sheets.
6. Bake for 15 mihnutes, until slightly golden at edges, but still soft. Cool on wire racks for 20 minutes.
7. Combine the glaze ingredents, minus the sprinkles, and spoon about 1/2 tsp onto each cookie. Use back of spoon to smooth & spread the glaze. Add sprinkles to cookies. Let the glaze harden for 2 hours before packing into a container.

*I just realized that I used an entire container of the ricotta cheese, oops. That would explain the texture of my cookies.

** I did not use the glaze. I am not one for glazing cookies, but it sounds delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment