I cannot even explain how great these cookies are. I found the recipe and could not wait to try it.
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup olive oil
4 tsp grated lemon zest
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sugar, for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a medium bowl
3. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice & vanilla
4. Add wet ingredients to dry & mix until it resembles wet sand. Roll dough into pieces the size of a walnut and roll in the sugar.
5. Place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet & bake for 12-15 minutes.
I wanted to try another batch using either limes or clementines. The hubby vetoed both of those. He really likes the lemon & wants another batch.