Bake until just getting golden & cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet.
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/2 cup Sugar
2 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
2/3 cup Crushed Candy Canes (about 8 candy canes)
Optional: White Chocolate & extra crushed Candy Canes
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the Flour, Baking Powder & Salt.
3. Combine Butter & Sugar & beat at medium speed until creamy. Scrape sides often.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Reduce mixer to low & slowly add in the Flour mixture, beating until just combined.
6. Stir in the crushed Candy Canes.
7. Divide dough into fourths on a lightly floured surface & shape into 9 x1 1/2 inch logs. Place 3 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
8. Bake 18-20 minutes, until tops are cracked & ends just start to turn golden. **If you do larger cookies, bake 20-25 minutes**
9. Remove from oven & reduce heat to 325.
10. Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet.
11. Carefully remove to cutting board & cut into 1/2 inch slices with a sharp serrated knife.
12. Arrange pieces on same cookie sheet & bake for 12-14 minutes, turning cookies after 7 minutes.
Optional: Melt White Chocolate & drizzle over the biscotti. Sprinkle extra crushed Candy Canes.