Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cranberry Muffins

I bought 2 bags of fresh cranberries a few weeks ago. I tried a Cranberry Scone recipe & it was horrible. Why? It had a glaze on it that ruined it & made it soggy. They went to the trash. So, I was soured on cranberries for a bit. As many know, I am not one for cooked fruit. So, it took time before I was ready to try again. Last night, I had an urge to make Cranberry Muffins. I was laying in bed, reading a book & could not help myself. I jumped out of bed & went right to the kitchen. If you follow this blog, you may recognize the recipe. I repurposed a Blueberry Muffin recipe.
I started with the topping. Butter, Sugar, Flour & Cinnamon.


This is a very stiff dough. Once you mix the ingredients together, fold in the berries. These were frozen, but I have used fresh Blueberries in this recipe.



Divide the dough evenly between 12 muffin cups. I had some cutie blue with snowflakes that I wanted to use. Then, the topping gets added and fills the cups to the top.


Now, your turn...



Muffins


1 1/2 cups AP Flour

3/4 cup Sugar

1/2 tsp Salt

2 tsp Baking Powder

1/3 cup Vegetable Oil

1 Egg, beaten

1/3 cup Milk

1 cup Cranberries



Topping


1/2 cup Sugar

1/3 cup AP Flour

1/4 cup Butter, cubed & cold

1 1/2 tsp Cinnamon



1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

2. Combine Flour, Sugar, Salt & Baking Powder, whisk together.

3. In a measuring cup, place Vegetable Oil & Egg. Add enough Milk to fill the cup, may be a bit more than the 1/3 cup.

4. Pour this into the Flour mixture & combine. The dough may be stiff.

5. Fold in the berries.

6. Divide among the muffin cups & add the topping.

7. Bake 20-25 minutes. Turn out onto counter & cool on wire rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment