When they are baked, they look like this. So, so yummy. I made mine a little bigger than recommended in the hopes of limiting the consumption of my hubby.
6oz Semi Sweet Chocolate or 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup AP Flour
1/3 cup Cocoa
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Brown Sugar, packed
2/3 cup Powdered Sugar
1. Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Set aside & cool to room temperature.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together Flour, Cocoa, Baking Powder & Salt. Set aside.
3. With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat Butter & Brown Sugar until light & fluffy. Beat in Eggs, one at a time, then add in the melted Chocolate.
4. Reduce speed to low & add in the Flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
5. Transfer bowl to freezer & chill for 30 - 60 minutes, until dough is firm enough to handle. (To make ahead: dough may be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.)
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Roll tablespoons of dough between palms to form balls & then roll GENEROUSLY in the powdered sugar. You want a really thick coating.
8. Place on parchment lined baking sheets about 2 inches apart & bake for about 10 minutes. Tops will be cracked & center almost set.
9. Cool for 3 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.