After spending time with Grandma & family last week, I was feeling a little homesick. So, I decided it was time to make Grandma's Special K cookies. I believe I heard she got the recipe off a Special K cereal box many, many years ago. The original recipe I had called for 5 sticks of butter. I only use 4 & they are still delicious. And, you can substitute cornflakes. :-)
4 sticks Unsalted Butter
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
2 cups Special K cereal
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream the butter & white sugar together. Add the extracts.
3. Sift the flour, powdered sugar & baking soda & add to the mixture.
4. Once mixed, add the cereal.
5. Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
They are a little soft when they first come out. I leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to the cooling rack.