Sunday, June 3, 2012

Special K Cookies

After spending time with Grandma & family last week, I was feeling a little homesick. So, I decided it was time to make Grandma's Special K cookies.  I believe I heard she got the recipe off a Special K cereal box many, many years ago.  The original recipe I had called for 5 sticks of butter.  I only use 4 & they are still delicious.  And, you can substitute cornflakes. :-) 
 4 sticks Unsalted Butter
3 cups Flour
1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 cup White Sugar
2 cups Special K cereal
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Almond Extract

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.  Cream the butter & white sugar together. Add the extracts.
3.  Sift the flour, powdered sugar & baking soda & add to the mixture.
4.  Once mixed, add the cereal.
 5.  Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.

They are a little soft when they first come out.  I leave on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before moving to the cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment